Welcome to Rent Chicago Boats!
2021 September and October Bookings
We will accept Bookings with a 1-day rental notice. September weekday evenings and all day on weekends we can easily serve you.
We need a notice to insure we have a staff member to receive you for your pre-boarding.
How to Book, Find a Captain, Pre-Boarding!
Location: River City Marina, Behind Bldg @ 800 South Wells St, Chicago, 60607
Find RentChicagoBoats.com sign on fence at Marina’s 2nd gate south (GRAY DOCK).
New online booking. Once payment is received, we email or text the client their confirmation with address, directions, pre-boarding time and all info you need to cruise.
When Seeking Info or Booking!
- Select a pontoon or yacht based upon hours and boat capacity.
- Know your date, day or night.
- Pick a start time from our available schedule of offerings.
- Prices vary between river or lake cruises. 2 or 3 hour cruises are RIVER ONLY! 4 hour weekday, half-day and full day cruises may do both river and lake.
- ***We are located on the SW corner of Chicago’s Loop. It takes time to travel from our location and back by boat to the lakefront. So be aware that during a half-day (5 hour), you’ll be on the lake for 2 hours and cruising the lake and river back and forth for 2.5 hours. You will travel thru the Chicago river and locks as a part of your experience and it will be busy and it takes time.
- ***Make note, an 8 hour cruise is less expensive then a late return fee.
- Click Book Now for pricing info.
- We accept credit cards and money transfer thru PayPal, and full payment is expected at time of booking.
- Charges will be for boat time, taxes, and processing fees and any other add-ons.
- According to the US Coast Guard rules, clients are responsible for gas.
- We schedule one hour in between pontoon rentals and 2 hours between Floatzillas. We reserve the right to off-set schedules to help our team members get each boat out safely and timely.
- Kids coming? Kids 13 & under MUST wear preservers 100% of the time on docks and boats as a marina and authority rule.
- We do allow dogs on Granny only with certain requirements.
Hire a captain! Best when Drinking? No Boating Experience? No designated Driver? Just wanna have fun?
- Capt Lemzar (224) 607.7416
- Capt Mike (630) 379.6226
- Capt Matt (315) 806.3778
- Capt Kevin (708) 362.0293
- Capt Silviu (773) 715.0708
- Capt Marty (312) 498.8410
- Capt John Maday (773) 960.7047
- Capt Chris Ganas (708) 987.9566
- Capt David Brezina (312) 259.5326
- Capt Mason (954) 395.3765
- Capt Dustin (630) 460.1168
Boater’s Safety Video and Test & 2-years of boating experience!
- Illinois DNR now requires a boater’s license from those driving the boat. The temporary solution around having a boater’s license is taking the video class: to watch & take the Boater Safety Video and quiz. We require a 90%+ score on quiz by the person(s) managing your boat. Don’t score 90%+, take it over til you do, its fun and easy!
- Then email us your percentage page to firstname.lastname@example.org as proof of performance. That doc will be presented to authorities when asked; it’s good to keep with you, “we will honor the score page in your name for repeat clients”.
Pre-Boarding: Arrival Expectations; What to Bring.
- Arrive 1 hour pre-boarding for each pontoon, (strictly adhered too w/o rental time adjustment).
- Show your confirmation email / text doc from Rent Chicago Boats
- Show credit card and matching ID to your RCB team member during Pre-boarding.
- During Pre-Boarding: client will execute – contract, insurance authorization, roster/float plan, and a safety inspection. Once done client will retain copy of docs.
- Insurance Authorization Only on credit cards is made at the dock during pre-boarding.
- $600 / Pontoons