Welcome to Pre-Boarding
This page is the What, Where, When of RentChicagoBoats.com.
When: 2021 June, July, August
We can accept day of bookings as long as your driver meets the new state mandates for boat drivers…See Who’s Your Captain for the state mandates.
Here’s Our Fleet Capacity!
- Granny Max 9 (8 guests + Captain)
- MeeMaw Max 8 (7 guests + Captain)
- Please follow captain / driver state mandates as posted on our “Who’s the Captain?” link.
- Grandpa Max 11, (Grandpa requires a paid pro captain) (11 guests + captain)
- Paid Pro Captain contacts can be found at Who’s the Captain?
River City Marina – We have a Sign Posted at GRAY DOCK, 2nd dock from Polk Street, behind, 800 S. Wells Street, Chicago, IL 60607
SEE OUR POSTED RentChicagoBoats.com SIGN at the SOUTH SIDE of the Marina at RED Dock above Gate 3 sign, next to the Southside Parking Lot.
Calls for information
Call-In Hours: up to 9pm cst. Not later-we have babies!
DIRECTIONS & PARKING
Uber/LYFT/Taxi: go west of Wells Street on Polk Street drop off at Polk & Wells Streets.
Marina Northside Entrance (Uber/LYFT & Walking)
Walk into River City’s taxi-turn-around, and walk west along the north fence before the cement stairs to the steel staircase at the edge of the circle and walk through the doggy playground. It will take you down to the marina on the north side. At the bottom of the stairs, walk south along the yellow sandbags to the 2nd boat dock (GRAY DOCK) Find our RentChicagoBoats.com SIGN which where our fleet and Team Member will be to receive you. We are located Behind the Building at 800 South Wells Street.
By Car to Marina Southside Entrance
Drive south of 900 S. Wells Hunter Parking lot for off-street parking. Cost $12.
Avoid a $75 ticket, all permitted city streets in area.
Marina Southside Walk to Gray Dock our Location
From the parking lot walk west til you see the marina, and walk on the riverwalk to the north (FOLLOW OUR DIRECTIONAL SIGNS, UNDER THE BLDG ALONG THE YELLOW SANDBAGS) to GRAY DOCK which is where our fleet and Team Member will be to receive you. The riverwalk splits the building and marina and runs north to a clearing. Our dock in located in the middle of the clearing at the 2nd dock from the north side of marina on GRAY DOCK.
- When to Arrive (we strictly adhered to w/o rental time adjustment)
- ALL SINGLE PONTOON RENTALS
- 1 hour for pre-boarding for any individual pontoon
- 2-PONTOON FLOATZILLA
- 1.5 hours for a 2-boat pontoon Floatzilla
- FLEET FLOATZILLA
- 2 hours for a 3-boat floatzilla
- ALL SINGLE PONTOON RENTALS
- Upon arrival wear your covid mask and we’ll cover the following:
- Show credit card and matching ID to your RCB team member
- During Pre-Boarding: client will execute
- Damage authorization
- Roster/float plan
- Safety inspection
- Once done client will retain copy of docs.
- (RDD) Refundable Damage Deposit: Authorization Only on credit / debit cards is made at the dock during pre-boarding of $600 / per Pontoon
- Renters are SELF-INSURED ON OUR PONTOONS. If damage occurs with or without LOSS OF INCOME…The RENTER is totally responsible to make up the difference in property loss and loss of income.
- REQUIRED BOATER SAFETY COURSE & TEST SCORING 90% OR BETTER. Hold on to these and show us to help make your future boating go smoothly with RCB.
- Authorities require knowledgeable drivers driving the boat. No license? All clients are required by authorities to have at least 2-years of boater experience + watch Boater Safety Video and quiz. We require a 90%+ score on quiz by the person(s) managing your boat. Don’t score 90%+, take it over til you do, its fun and easy!
- Then email us your percentage page to email@example.com as proof of performance. That doc will be presented to authorities when asked; it’s good to keep with you.
- Bluetooth Stereo
- Bathrooms (on pontoons)!
- Bimini (Canopy) Tops
- Exceeds Safety Concerns (Plenty of Life Jackets)
- Infants should bring their own jackets
What to Bring
- Credit Card with Matching ID for Refundable Damage Fee
- Food & Beverage
- Ice, snacks & beverage (can be purchased at marina bldg store)
- Sun care, glasses, towel, floaties (or rent one of our rafts for $10 each)
Need a Great Caterer
We Recommend Meli’s Restaurant & Catering