Welcome to Our Pre-Boarding Page.
Covid Boat Capacity
We follow Gov Pritzger’s Mandates for boat capacity. We are at 2/3s capacity. Pro Captains do count against your capacity numbers.
Here’s Our Fleet Covid Capacity!
- Meemaw (6) People
- Granny (7) People
- Grandpa (9) People ( RCB does require a VERY Skilled driver or pro captain managing him). If your driver / captain is a rookie, the rental will be declined at the dock and cancelled.
- Please follow captain / driver state mandates as posted on our “Who’s the Captain?” link
- See All Floatzillas for capacity limits!
Our Location: River City Marina
GRAY DOCK, 2nd dock from north, behind, 800 S. Wells Street, Chicago, IL 60607
Calls for information: Hours: up to 9pm cst. Not later-we have babies and a grandmother!
Directions & Parking
By Uber/LYFT/Taxi: go west of Wells Street on Polk Street drop off at Polk & Wells Streets.
Northside Marina Entrance (Uber/LYFT & Walking)
Walk into River City’s taxi-turn-around, and walk west along the north fence beyond the cement stairs to the steel staircase at the NW corner of the fence. It will take you down to the marina. At the bottom of the stairs, walk south along the yellow sandbags to the 2nd boat dock (GRAY DOCK) which where our fleet and Team Member will be to receive you. We are Behind the Building at same location.
Drive south of 800 S. Wells bldg to the River City / Hunter Parking lot for off-street parking. Cost $12.
Avoid a $75 ticket, all permitted city streets in area. From the lot walk east til you see the marina, and walk on the riverwalk to the north (UNDER THE BLDG ALONG THE YELLOW SANDBAGS) to GRAY DOCK which where our fleet and Team Member will be to receive you. The riverwalk splits the building and marina and runs north to a clearing. Our dock in located on the northside of the clearing at the 2nd dock from the north side of marina on GRAY DOCK.
- When to Arrive (we strictly adhered to w/o rental time adjustment)
- 1 hour for pre-boarding for any individual pontoon
- 1.5 hours for a 2-boat pontoon Floatzilla
- 2 hours for a 3-boat floatzilla
- Upon arrival wear your covid mask and we’ll cover the following:
- Show your confirmation email / text doc from Rent Chicago Boats
- Show credit card and matching ID to your RCB team member
- During Pre-Boarding: client will execute – contract, insurance authorization, roster/float plan, and a safety inspection. Once done client will retain copy of docs.
- (RID) Refundable Insurance Deposit: We take an Insurance Authorization Only on credit cards is made at the dock during pre-boarding. $600 / per Pontoon
- REQUIRED BOATER SAFETY COURSE & TEST SCORING 90% OR BETTER. These are kept on file with us to help make your future boating go smoothly with RCB.
- Authorities require knowledgeable drivers driving the boat. No license? All clients are required by authorities to watch Boater Safety Video and quiz. We require a 90%+ score on quiz by the person(s) managing your boat. Don’t score 90%+, take it over til you do, its fun and easy!
- Then email us your percentage page to email@example.com as proof of performance. That doc will be presented to authorities when asked; it’s good to keep with you.
- Bluetooth Stereo
- Bathrooms (on pontoons)!
- Bimini (Canopy) Tops
- Exceeds Safety Concerns (Plenty of Life Jackets)
- Babies & Kids should bring their own jackets
What to Bring
- Credit Card with Matching ID for Refundable Damage Fee
- Food & Beverage
- Ice, snacks & beverage (can be purchased at marina bldg store)
- Sun care, glasses, towel, floaties (or rent one of our rafts for $10 each)
Need a Great Caterer…We Recommend Meli’s Restaurant & Catering